Here is the 2nd edition of the Mid IPL Reviews
The IPL is on full swing. And the situation is becoming clearer but it still is a long way to go. Here are the highlights as I see them.
- The injury spate continues. Wayne Parnell is the new victim this time. Dhoni has recovered though.
- Momentum seems to be the key word. KKR won the first 2 games and since then have lost 3 on the trot. RCB won 4 in a row. Rajasthan are suddenly on 3 game winning streak after having been almost counted out of the tournament after the initial losses. So little time between matches makes it worse for the teams. So winning & losing seem to become a habit.
- Yusuf Pathan, when in mood can murder the attack. Teams have to get him early.
- Shane Warne is back in form & is again beginning to inspire the team.
- Sachin Tendulkar & Jacques Kallis showed that T20 is not about hitting big sixes only.
- Never trust a Sri Lankan bowler to deliver in the Super Over.
- VVS Laxman looks a total misfit in T20.
- Bangalore is the best crowd. Has a pretty good pitch. And the team is in form.
- Indian batsmen have problems with the shorter ball.
- The mongoose power came on display. But couldn't stand any ground against Harbhajan & Kumble.
- AB de Villiers catching Praveen Kumar.
- Yuvraj reverse sweeping Murali for 4 during super over.
- Danny Morrison calling DD as Double Ds.
- Manish Pandeeee seems to be the most mispronounced name.
- RCB: Seem the most settled. Foreigners & Indians all playing well.
- MI: A well balanced team and also performing well.
- RR: Suddenly have got the momnetum going while having lost quite a few players. Their performance defies logic.
- KKR: Back to 2009 form. Dada has to lead by example, and not the current one he is setting.
- DC: The one team defying momentum. But team not really performing that well.
- DD: Gambhir missing. Last year's heroes Dilshan & de Villiers not performing at all. Collingwood should get a chance.
- Kings XI: Havent really got on to the field at all. Players seem to be playing in different zones.
- CSK: The bowling lineup is really weak
Now for the semi-finals lineup predictions after 2nd week: RCB, MI, DC. The last spot is becoming more and more difficult to predict with a 3 way battle between RR, DD, CSK. KKR continue to languish & this time they have got Kings XI for company. But it still is a long way to go.
Coming up next week
The Brits, Kiwis & Aussies will join the party.