Sunday, February 28, 2010

The first ODI Double Century

Ok, I am pretty late in posting this. In fact 4 days late. In between India (or rather some arbit players claiming to represent India) lost the 3rd ODI vs South Africa. And today Cricket lost its post as the No. 1 game in the Indian mindset (temporarily) after India's 4-1 thrashing of Pakistan in the Hockey World Cup (more of that in another forum). But I had to write about this. Other I would have started questioning my own status as a Cricket Fanatic.
February 24, 2010 A.D. (Gwalior) A day to remember for all cricket fans. Sachin Tendulkar (who else) became the first man to score a double century in One Day International cricket (a woman has done it before, Belinda Clarke). Now this is one record which has gone to a man who deserves it the most. His ODI records (runs, centuries, matches) are such that no one would ever reach them (I am ready to bet anything on that). His genius needs no introduction (I have already written twice about him, here & here). And in his 21st year of international cricket, he is showing no signs of stopping.
It was no ordinary innings and its impact can be already seen in public space. There is already a group on Facebook named "I was alive when Sachin Tendulkar made 200". The question would be answered "What were you doing when Sachin got the double century?" (I was in Gadimoga and I had my first helicopter ride that day). I truly regret missing this innings.
And to end this post, a quote I read "I do not know if God exists, but Sachin does, and that is enough"

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Commentary Box