Thursday, March 11, 2010

My IPL Team

The 3rd edition of the Indian Premeir League is here. And from tomorrow the cricket filled evenings will be back. All the cricket fans have decided to back their IPL teams. e.g. my flatmate is in love with the Rajasthan Royals. I have to confess I dont really support any of the franchisees, though during games I do have a preferred team depending on who is playing & whats been going on during the league. Here are the teams I could support though.

Mumbai Indians - Well, the owners are the ones who I work for. So can see the buzz for this team in and around the office itself. And Sachin plays for them.
Kolkata Knight Riders - My hometown falls in their catchment area. Although only one player (Varun Aaron) from my Ranji team (Jharkhand) is in their roster. But nothing much really likeable about them. Though they did provide the most off-field entertainment with the fake IPL player.
Chennai Super Kings - Dhoni plays for them. No more to say. (Jai Jharkhand :D)
Royal Challengers Bangalore - The cricketers I admire the most Rahul Dravid & Anil Kumble are there. Plus at least on paper they seem to be having the most balanced line-up.
Delhi Daredevils - Probably the most explosive batting line-up Sehwag, Dilshan, Warner, de Villiers & Gambhir.
Rajasthan Royals - The underdog winners of  the 1st edition. They seem to be hell bent on testing how much they can reduce their resources though.
Deccan Chargers -  No reason to support them. Though they did have a TV quiz show. And Adam Gilchrist.
Kings XI Punjab - Nopes again.

So these are the teams & why I'll watch their games.
And waiting eagerly for the fun to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Commentary Box