Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I AM NOT A FREAKING CRICKET MATCH!!!

A woman in USA with no idea about cricket kept her twitter handle as @theashes. This was enough for the tweeting cricket-crazy fans to bombard Ms. Ashley Kerekes with questions like "Whats the score?". The lady initially was angry.
"I AM NOT A FREAKING CRICKET MATCH!!!" is what she said, but has now sort of accepted her new found celebrityhood. In fact she has offered a ticket to fly to Australia to watch the ongoing Ashes. Also there is new hasttag campaign on twitter asking the authorities to #gettheashestotheashes. And she is also encashing this by selling her own t-shirts.

Confusion leading to fame & business.

P.S. I am thinking of changing my twitter handle to @iccworldcup2009 or @cricketworldcup2009 or something like that. Lets see if they give me a ticket to the World Cup finals.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Commentary Box